Baby Bathwater Unconference
Who are these ‘babies’?
A very international crowd, from all over the world. Some were flying in from the US and even Australia for just these 4-5 days!
They are investors, scientists, entrepreneurs, creatives and founders of businesses you’ve actually heard of, like brain.fm.
The setting is very informal. Everybody walks around in their swimming gear or shorts, with salty hair.
No pitching. Everybody is there to give, not only to receive.
Inclusion: everybody is open for a talk, inviting, introducing and sharing. It’s not about what do you do, but about who you are.
Talks around the island are about purpose, vulnerability etc. Lots of insights and great discussions for my new book.
All men seemed to have beards/facial hair 🙂 Most participants are in great shape, they take really good care of their bodies.
Many people are into some form of energy management, productivity, focus, sleep management and even sleep science. Many were wearing Oura rings to track their sleep and other body data.
Lots of health and eating plans, like paleo and keto diets. Some participants have even developed their own food supplement lines.
Many use ‘plant medicine’ as a shortcut to reach that focused, clear state that you can also achieve through meditation.
Many talks and discussions were thus about pharmaceuticals, psychedelics and plant medicine. Should you micro-dose on mushrooms? Combine it with CBD oil? Or have you found another magic formula?
A funny, crazy, Japanese private chef -with platinum gold nailpolish on his toes- took care of the superb catering. He was on the island months before the event to prep the team of Croatian chefs for the event. Every evening during dinner (watching the sunset over the pool) he turned into a stand up comedian when he told us about the food we were eating that night.
These people know how to party!
- Some of the ‘babies’ are already location independent. For others this concept is still new. I was sometimes surprised to be talking to such bright people who still live in a ‘box’. Many have achieved (financial) freedom, but don’t yet know what to do with it. Some told me they had to get back home after the event for emails or meetings. Or to see their son. “Why not work from here?” “Why not fly your son over to Europe?” My (to me obvious) questions were real eye openers for them. I was kind of surprised how easy it is to provide added value to these very successful business owners.
- I was delighted to discover that about half of the participants want to write a book and have no time and/or no idea where to start. I gave a mini presentation with my book writing tips and spoke to some participants privately, giving them my ‘start with the back cover’ advise. I even offered my ‘How to write a book in a week‘ ebook to all participants, to help them get started. So many stories to share! In the days after the event, I received messages from participants who had managed to write their back covers on the plane on their way home! I hope to be able to help some book writers during my ‘Write your book in one week’ retreat in October in Thailand. And I decided to turn my luxury writing retreat in the Caribbean in March into an exclusive ‘CEO writing retreat’.
- Many BBW participants are into energy management, purpose, productivity, focus, vulnerability etc. Lots of insights and great discussions for my new book.
Want to join the next event?
If you feel this event resonates with you, apply for Baby Bathwater. I can really recommend it!
Of all the unconferences I have been two, there are only two alternatives worth considering if the high level of participants and added value provided is important to you:
- Firesideconf in September near Toronto, Canada.
- The Dynamite Circle; a network of successful location independent entrepreneurs, with events around the world year round. The main (and best!) one is in October in Thailand.
I am even thinking of organizing a cruise exclusively for members of these three networks, so they can get to know each other and cross-pollinate… 🙂 Let me know if you would be up for this!