Do you really need a fixed place to live?
– Inspiration shot June 2018
Do you really need a fixed place to live?
Setting up your life & business
The perfect bank account
IKEA health insurance?
In order to qualify you have to register as a resident in Mallorca, which is quite easy and has a lot of advantages.
Where to go&when?
The website nomadlist.com shows you climate, internet strength, safety, cost of living and much, much more, making it easier to decide on your next destination.
Disconnect to connect
A new trend: summer festivals for (location independent) entrepreneurs in unique locations, like deserted villages, islands or forests:
* Baby Bathwater institute on a private island in Croatia: I just missed it this year, but will definitely join next year.
* FreedomXFest where 1000 digital nomads take over a village in the Spanish Pyrenees- Aug 14-19: I will be speaking here. You get 10% discount with this code: FXF10
* Firesideconf where Innovators, Investors and Influencers gather around the camp fire near a lake in Canada from Sept 6-9: I will be speaking here, you get a special deal through the link!
Designer home exchange
Do you have a beautiful home or apartment and would you like to stay in special places around the world, for free? Then join the home exchange community for desigers: Behomm.com. Email me for an invitation.
“How can you travel with only one small carry-on bag?” Many people (especially women) think that you can never bring everything you need.
In this blog (including a packing video) l show you exactly what I bring and how I pack.
Never pack, do laundry, or drag bags through an airport again. This virtual closet lets you select what you need where and when. Your clothes, sports gear etc. are delivered to your hotel, and picked up and cleaned again when you’re done. Dufl.com works mainly in the USA, for now…
“Some professions cannot be done remotely” seems to be the general opinion. I always mention my own example: as a speaker I have to be at the location of the event. But do i? Recently I was asked to give a presentation to 100 students and companies from the travel industry on Ibiza, while I was in Mallorca. We decided to do it remotely. A first for all of us.
I found a quiet spot in the garden, turned my phone into a hotspot, connected via Zoom, delivered my presentation and did a live Q&A session for 30 mins! It worked out perfectly. No excuses!
Workout in the Louvre?
Travel can be tiring. It is important to take good care of your body. But I am never in one place long enough to join a gym. And – even though I am the ‘no excuses lady’- I don’t always have the motivation to work out by myself. My solution is Bob. With my ‘virtual’ personal trainer I have the accountability, and he helps me to workout anytime, anywhere. Last week I was in Paris and I chose the most amazing and unusual spot for a training: the courtyard of the Louvre museum… It was fun to sweat where others were merely sightseeing. No excuses!
Travel on intuition
Is it possible? Is it safe? Is it fun? Three big YESses! Some pretty cool stories surfaced when I was interviewed about my solo travel to over a 100 countries for a podcast. Listen to ‘my’ episode of ‘Go Solo Live’.
Where is Esther?
I am giving workshops and presentations, seeing friends and enjoying the ‘summer in the city’… while also trying to get through 500 emails in my inbox. Those are my goals this month. How about you?
Want to become a digital nomad?
Do you see yourself live, work & play around the world as a location-independent entrepreneur?
- Still have questions?
- don’t know where to start?
- want to meet like-minded people?
If you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, then these options may be for you:
- Working remotely for a whole month and living as a digital nomad in an authentic Italian village in Puglia? Then book this workation Village Italy for 30 days.
- In my Digital Nomads book, you’ll find inspiring stories and tips from other nomads. It also contains lots of practical tips & information about mindset, registration, setting up an international company, taxes, entrepreneurship, and much more.
- Once every few months I organize an online Digital Nomad workshop. In advance, you will receive a couple of videos in which I discuss the most important topics (where to register and set up your company, what insurance to get, where to pay taxes, etc.). During the workshop you can ask all your remaining questions, we talk about your plans and you hear about the experiences of other nomads.
- In my ‘One Year To Freedom’ program, I help you step by step through this entire process, on the way to more freedom.
Inspiration in your mailbox
Join 14.000 people from 42 countries by signing up for my monthly ‘Inspiration Shot’ in the footer of this page