How to organize a workshop, retreat or other events
The way to share your knowledge and experience
Think about something that you are good at. Something that you get a lot of questions about from others. Then organize a workshop – preferably in an inspiring place. It is easier than you think.
Many people ask me why my workshops and retreats are so popular and how I organize them and get so many participants. These people have the expertise in their field but have no idea how to create an event to share it. Sometimes you see that event organisers are so busy with the logistics that the content becomes secondary. This is a problem, because it is really all about exchanging that knowledge and experience, and it doesn’t have to be complicated at all.
Whether you are thinking about organizing a multi-day retreat or a shorter workshop or training event, in this workshop I like to share my experiences and tips and help you to shape your workshop or retreat in a simple, effective and fun way
The recording is in Dutch only at this stage.
“The biggest eye-opener for me was that you don’t actually have to work very hard to put together a workshop.”
Chantal Groot Kormelink
“Brilliant, creative tips on how to fill your workshop.”
“I am inspired to organize my own trips and outings.”
“Inspiring to learn that you can also use an event as a testbed for other products.”
“Exciting and effective to involve your audience during the development of your event”
Cindy van Dorst
“Great ideas for offering follow-up after your workshop. Esther has such logical and easy suggestions. ”
Marja van Velzen
“That personal attention is really nice.”
“Esther’s tips for social media and promotion are really a mind shift.”
“So much useful information!”
“I would tend to overstuff the program. Esther emphasizes the importance of space in the program and I now see that too. That makes the organization even easier! ”
Marja van Velzen
“Choose a location that suits you, instead of what is available”
Cindy van Dorst
With a small group of participants, we discuss and answer questions about online events as well as live events and meetings. I share all my experiences, ‘secrets’ and ‘tips & tricks’ about webinars, masterminds, workshops, training, multi-day retreats, travels and other events.
The following topics are covered:
- Why would you organize an event?
- Which subject should you choose?
- How do you get enough participants?
- How do you choose an inspiring location without high costs?
- What kind of price can you charge?
- What does the total cost structure look like?
- How do you determine the program?
- How do you ensure that you never have dissatisfied participants?
- How you can use the proposal round as your table of contents/structure for your workshop.
- Can you organize a workshop without preparation?
- What do you have to arrange in advance, what do you do on the spot?
- When do you take the go / no-go decision?
- How do you fill a workshop for which you only have a few applications?
- How do you organize an event without an upfront investment?
- How do you ensure that you exceed the expectations of participants?
- How do you ensure the right balance between content and interaction?
- What should you pay attention to when organizing a retreat in another country?
- What is the smartest way to organize your first trip?
- What are smart ways to use a webinar and how do you ensure that it runs smoothly?
- How do you ensure that participants really get to work after the workshop?
- How do you facilitate that the participants can keep in touch?
- How do you ensure that every end of an event is actually the beginning of a next one?
- How you can use your workshop for a book or e-course on your subject?
During the workshop, I’ll tell you all my ‘secrets’ and share my experiences. I am completely transparent about what I do and how. This workshop is a ‘live’ example of how I organize all my events: you can experience it in practice and feel how it works. This way you can decide exactly what you would like to use to create your own event.