How to organize a workshop, retreat or other event
Pick a topic, set a program, pick a location, get participants and make it awesome
Organizing and workshop or retreat is a great way to share your knowledge and experience. Think about something that you are good at. Something that you get a lot of questions about from others. Then organize a workshop – preferably in an inspiring place. It is easier than you think.
Many people ask me why my workshops and retreats are so popular and how I organize them. They have the expertise in their field, but have no idea how to create an event to share it. Sometimes you see that they are so busy with the logistics that the content becomes secondary. This is a problem, because it is really all about exchanging that knowledge and experience.
Whether you are thinking about organizing a multi-day retreat or a shorter workshop or training event, in this workshop I like to share my experiences and tips and help you to shape your workshop or retreat.
When? 24th January
Where? Amsterdam – location to be confirmed closer to the event
Price: €95 pp including one of Esther’s books
Webinar – date in Jamuary to be confirmed. Just €25
- What topic should you choose for your event?
- How do you get enough participants?
- How do you choose a location?
- How do you work out the costs?
- What price should you charge your participants?
- How do you put the program together?
- What should you be aware of if you organize a retreat in another country?
- What do you arrange in advance and what do you take care of on the spot?
- When do you you make the go/no go decision?
- Is an investment required?
- How do you ensure that you exceed the expectations of participants?